In my last Eid post, I shared traditions that were (and still) precious to me HERE. However, I will be talking about a long-standing tradition amongst Africans which is the “exchange of gifts” especially during Eid celebration. For today, I have compiled 5 simple, useful and thoughtful Gift ideas to give your loved ones for the Eid celebration and beyond.
Africans especially from my side of the world (Nigeria), always gift out one thing or the other. And most often for kids present either in the house or location. We never forget the rule; never visit a friend emptyhanded.
Back in the days, I used to personally look forward to sweets, kuli or Okin biscuits when anyone comes to visit. But now we are considered grown (not my choice though) which automatically translates to NO gift.
But everyone needs gifts. We need beneficial and exciting gift ideas that will really uplift one’s spirit. So here are 5 simple but thoughtful Gift ideas for Eid celebration and also beyond.
1. Food: A simple but personal gift ideas are hampers. You can make a DIY hamper using fruits, healthy guilt free snack from brands like FIBREATS and Nimahs Honey. There are so many other options that could be used to spice up your packages. However, ensure you select products they love and enjoy.
For people like me (lazy lazy) that can’t go through the stress of that, just use the cheat sheet: buy a read made hamper. Prezzie’s NG is quite affordable and flexible.
2. Bring the Spa Pampering/skincare to them: Eid celebration is a time of happiness, joy, and enjoyment. So, in order to get that glow up for Eid and even after, buy a skincare or pay for spa your loved ones. I love Aramie, a natural skincare brand as well as the services offered by SpaPamperingatHome.
3. Hijabs and Abayas: Hijabs and abayas are essentials in a women’s wardrobe. We constantly buy hijabs and new clothing for different outings. So, why not gift out something that is essential. Not to worry, I have published 2 different posts on where to get good, unique and affordable abays here and here. For hijabs, I love the unique ones by HijabsbyAeesha and the hijab styling services offered by Hijabtytude.
4. Perfumes and Makeup: Perfumes are great gifts for anyone. I have been loving OUD perfumes, particularly the picks from BaitulAbeer House of Fragrance. Take it a step further by purchasing the service of a makeup artist like Beebahladiva to doll them up. Who says you can’t try different options?
5. Events and Movies: What better way to show you care by spending the day with your loved ones. The day after Eid, I know people often go for fun fair, picnics, movies etc. Speaking of fun fair, for my lovelies in Ibadan, Rodiyah Aderinoye is organizing a get together the day after Eid, details HERE.
Likewise, you can just add a personal touch by creating a picnic or go watch the latest movie at the cinema.